February 7, 2018: John 3:22-36
Further Reading: Ezekiel 36:25-27, 1 Timothy 2:5-6
Questions for Thought:
1. What is happening in this passage? Can you summarize what is being done or said in two or three sentences? What is the main message or point of this passage?
2. What does this passage say about God, Jesus, and the Gospel?
3. What does this passage say about us, our need for God, and how we are to live?
4. What is something you find hard to understand in this passage?
5. How do we delight/rejoice greatly in Jesus? (see v. 29)
6. What does it look like for Jesus to increase and us to decrease in our lives and church? (see v. 30).
7. How many accept Jesus’ testimony? What hinders people from doing so? (see v. 32-33)
8. How does this passage help us approach God in prayer? Be specific.
“This joy of mine is complete. [Jesus] must increase, but I must decrease." (John 3:29-30).